Related Centres, Projects, and Resources:
- The History of Emotions Blog
Run by the QMUL Centre for the History of the Emotions
- History of Emotions Research Centre
At the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin.
- History of Emotions: Insights Into Research
An online platform run by the Berlin Centre, carrying reports on new research.
- Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence: History of Emotions
A multi-institutional project studying the cultural and social histories of emotions in Europe, 1100-1800.
- The Histories of Emotion Blog: From Medieval Europe to Contemporary Australia
Run by the Australian Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions.
- ACCESS: Amsterdam Centre for Cross-Disciplinary Emotional and Sensory Studies
A platform for cooperation between scholars from the humanities, the social sciences, and the life sciences
- Languages of Emotion Center
A research group at the Free University in Berlin focussing on language and affect in the arts, language, cognition and culture.
- EMMA – Les émotions au Moyen Âge
A research project on the relevance of a historical anthropology of emotions and affective phenomena as applied to the Middle Ages.
- H-Madness Resources
A collection-point for primary and secondary resources in the history of psychiatry hosted by the h-Madness blog.
- Emotions and Disease in Historical Perspective
A helpful online overview connected to an exhibition put on by the U.S. National Library of Medicine in 1996.
- University of Exeter Centre for Medical History
Research projects examining aspects of health, disease, emotions and wellbeing.
- Durham University Institute for Medical Humanities
News and commentary in the medical and health humanities.
- REMEDIA: The History of Medicine in Dialogue With Its Present
A wide-ranging medical history blog edited by Kate Womersley and Lisa Haushofer.
- The History of Physiognomy
A Leverhulme Trust International Network organised by Queen Mary, University of London; Ecole Supérieure Normale (Paris); and Scuola Normale Superiore (Pisa)